Weekly Spinner Picks For 03/25/2015

stephengervais's picture
Weekly Spinner Picks is all about the hot comics of the week and getting to know the tastes of the writers at Comics: The Gathering. Each week the CTG contributors spotlight which comics they are most looking forward to on Wednesday and how those picks got to the top of their to-read piles. Let us know if you agree or not with our picks and most importantly don’t forget to add your list!

Fairly small week for me which is a nice break from the previous two week!

Darth Vader #3: Writer Kieron Gillen and artist Salvador Larroca continue the tale of our favorite Dark Lord. So far this series is everything I hoped it would be and I don’t see it stopping anytime soon. This issue explores who does Vader turn to when he needs help?

Black Hood #2: The first issue really caught me off guard. I’m unfamiliar with the publisher Dark Circle Comics and picked up issue one on the strength of the series writer, Duane Swierczynski. What I was rewarded with was a gritty crime noir story that I instantly fell in love with. The issue is drawn by Michael Gaydos.

Multiversity Ultra Comics #1: For this issue writer Grant Morrison is reunited with his Final Crisis collaborator, artist Doug Mahnke. Chapter 8 of this storyline is takes place on Earth-33, that’s right, the real world! This series has been a ton of fun and I’m feeling kind of sad that this is the second last issue.

Wytches #5: This is the first part of the two issue conclusion to a super opening arc. Writer Scott Snyder and artist Jock have delivered one heck of a great horrific ride! This issue has Charlie descend into the wytches burrow to save his daughter. On a side note I want to point out how much a love Jock’s covers! So creepy!

Comments

spicytoilet's picture
I'm definitely wanting my eyeballs on WAYWARD #6. So far, the series has managed to keep me completely enthralled. Each issue answers questions while imposing some new ones. The line work and colors are just absolutely fantastic. It's up there with a lot of my other Image favorites.