Spinner Picks for 06/29/2016

stephengervais's picture
Weekly Spinner Picks is all about the hot comics of the week and getting to know the tastes of the writers at Comics: The Gathering. Each week the CTG contributors spotlight which comics they are most looking forward to on Wednesday and how those picks got to the top of their to-read piles. Let us know if you agree or not with our picks and most importantly don’t forget to add your list in the comment section below!

Here are my hot picks of the week!

Dark Knight III Master Race #5: Frank Miller and Brian Azzarello’s Batman tale continues this 5th Wednesday of the month. It seems like a while since #4 was on the racks but nonetheless I’ve been enjoying the series and can’t wait to pick up this latest issue. The art for this series is handled by Andy Kubert and Klaus Janson. This issue has Batman and Robin preparing for war with Master Race.

Jupiter’s Legacy Vol.2 #1: Mark Millar and Frank Quitely reunite for the sequel to one of my favorite Millar books. A monthly book featuring Quitely art may have some delays but honestly I don’t mind. I prefer having a series featuring this creative duo even if it means delays between chapters.

Saga TP Vol.6: Ever since I sold my run of #1-10 of this series I’ve been trade waiting it. Can’t wait to read the ride Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples take me on with this latest arc of Saga.

Hillbilly #1: A new series written and drawn by Eric Powell launched on his own independent label Albatross Funnybooks. This is the first comic I’ve seen Powell’s name attached to that wasn’t called The Goon. The premise sounds like a dark dream fantasy type world. I’m definitely giving this a shot.

Comments