Weekly Spinner Picks for 04/01/2015

stephengervais's picture
Weekly Spinner Picks is all about the hot comics of the week and getting to know the tastes of the writers at Comics: The Gathering. Each week the CTG contributors spotlight which comics they are most looking forward to on Wednesday and how those picks got to the top of their to-read piles. Let us know if you agree or not with our picks and most importantly don’t forget to add your list!

Kanan Last Padawan #1: I’ve enjoyed all the Star Wars titles Marvel has released so far and I’m hoping the trend continues this week! Written by Greg Weisman and drawn by local Ottawa artist Pepe Larraz this series examines the origin of Kanan. Can’t wait!! On a side note Larraz will be signing books at my local shop on the weekend and I know exactly what I’ll get him to sign for me!

Uncanny Inhumans #0: This Marvel title boasts an amazing creative team consisting of writer Charles Soule and artist Steve McNiven! Marvel’s dubbing this one the prelude to their biggest launch of 2015. The issue will be focusing on the Inhuman King himself, Black Bolt.

Convergence #0: This past year I’ve really been neglecting the DC universe but as of late I’ve been getting back into a few titles. This is a prelude to their big upcoming event so I’ll hop on board and see what kind of ride they give me! It’s written by the duo of Dan Jurgens and Jeff King with art by Ethan Van Sciver.

Black Science #13: Whenever writer Rick Remender and artist Matteo Scalera time traveling adventure series comes out it always makes my list. The last few issues weren’t the usual greatness I’m used to so I’m hoping things pick up again with this latest offering.

Comments