The Coulson Report : Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. : Episode 5 (Aired October 22, 2013)

lucstclair's picture

Spoilers alert

The Plot

A team member betrays S.H.I.E.L.D. as they uncover a mysterious hacker who sold information to a shady corporation called Centipede, who are manipulating a man with extraordinary pyrotechnic abilities for their own gain.  

The Verdict

Not since the pilot have we seen the introduction of a possible super hero, this time it’s a man called Renshu Tseng, a street performer who can create and manipulate fire. Also, not since the pilot, is the return of that evil corporation who are trying to create their own super soldiers using extremis technology and unlike the pilot, this time they let the dude blow up.

This episode also questions Skye’s allegiance to Coulson and S.H.I.E.L.D., as they bust her for conspiring with an international hacker. That hacker was her on and off boyfriend, who once mentioned in an argument that she lived in a van for a while, nice to see that she can still afford Victoria Secrets underwear. Like I mentioned in last week’s episode, Skye’s a character I’m now starting to warm up to and she seems to be still part of the team, but they’re definitely going to keep tabs on her.

Bad-Ass Action Scene

Like straight out of a horror movie, Scorch (love that name) burns the Centipede director to ashes. Ouch!

Best Line of Dialogue

Scorch blurts out his super hero name in defiance to S.H.I.E.L.D. and Coulson says “Oh crap, they gave him a name”

Final Report

In a fun nod to the Avengers, Captain America is mentioned, which is nice and all, but all us fan boys want to know is will we ever see one of the Avengers? I’m still hoping for a Thor appearance, what with Thor : The Dark World opening in 2 weeks.

Comments